A week in Ireland: Galway, Cork & Dublin with Oasis8 days
Let us handle the details
Expert Tour Director
Sightseeing with local guides
Personalized flight options
On this guided tour, you’ll walk for about 1.5 hours daily across moderately uneven terrain, including paved roads and cobblestone streets with some hills and stairs.
Overnight Flight 1 night
Day 1: Travel day
Board your overnight flight to Shannon today.
Galway 2 nights Hotel info
Day 2: Arrival in Galway
Included meals: Dinner
Welcome to Ireland! Transfer to Galway to settle in to your hotel, then meet your fellow travelers at tonight’s welcome dinner.
Day 3: Sightseeing tour of Galway
Included meals: Breakfast
On a guided tour, get a feel for the local energy and living traditions of Galway, Ireland’s third-largest city.
• Stroll past Lynch’s Castle, the Druid Theatre Company and the broad expanse of Eyre Square
• View the city’s medieval walls and Spanish Arch
• Peruse authentic Claddagh rings in a local shop
• Watch fishermen at work in the traditional fishing village of Claddagh
Enjoy a free day in Galway, or add an excursion.
Optional Excursion - Castle Banquet Dinner $115pp* Details
Enjoy a feast fit for a king inside Dunguaire Castle, a 17th-century tower house overlooking Galway Bay. Sip from a goblet of mead and learn the history of the castle before proceeding up the spiral staircase to the banquet hall. Here, you’ll enjoy a sumptuous, four-course dinner and an evening of live entertainment, including songs and stories. Please note: This excursion is seasonal and runs from mid-April through mid-October.
Save $10 when you book this excursion up to 3 days before your tour departs. (On-tour price: $125)
County Cork 2 nights Hotel info
Day 4: County Cork via the Burren & Cliffs of Moher
Included meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Make your way to County Cork, stopping en route to explore two of the country’s most dramatic landscapes.
• Travel through the limestone plateau called the Burren
• Explore the Cliffs of Moher, which rise 700 feet above the Atlantic Ocean
• Embark on a walking orientation of Cork, also known as the “Rebel City”
Day 5: Cobh & Blarney Castle
Included meals: Breakfast
Get a feel for the many sides of Ireland, from charming villages to vibrant cities and iconic castles.
• Discover the town of Cobh, once a launch site for ships bound for North America
• Enter the Cobh Heritage Centre, whose exhibits tell the story of Irish emigration over the past 150 years
• Visit Blarney Castle to kiss the legendary Blarney Stone
Enjoy a free evening in County Cork or add an excursion.
Optional Excursion - An Evening in Kinsale $79pp* Details
Your evening begins with a visit to the star-shaped Charles Fort, specifically designed to withstand the devastating impact of cannon fire. Uncover the fort’s long history with your Tour Director before making your way to the nearby harbor town of Kinsale. A little village with a big past, this quaint community was the site of the 1601 Battle of Kinsale, a major turning point in the Nine Years’ War. Take time to explore this historic town’s narrow winding streets, artsy shops and lively bars on your own before rejoining the group for dinner in a traditional Irish restaurant.
Save $10 when you book this excursion up to 3 days before your tour departs. (On-tour price: $89)
Dublin 2 nights Hotel info
Day 6: Sightseeing tour of Dublin
Included meals: Breakfast
Transfer to Dublin this morning to experience the history and vibrancy of the Emerald Isle’s capital city with your guide leading the way.
• Stop in Phoenix Park, site of the presidential residence, and pass by the Guinness Storehouse
• Step inside the soaring St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Ireland’s largest church
• Pass St Stephen’s Green and admire the Georgian architecture of Merrion Square as you go
• See Trinity College and walk past Grafton Street to the Molly Malone statue, ending in the Temple Bar district
Day 7: Free day in Dublin
Included meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Spend the day exploring on your own or add an excursion.
Later, join your group for a farewell dinner.
Optional Excursion - Glendalough $29pp* Details
County Wicklow has some of the wildest and most spectacular mountain scenery in Ireland, as well as many of the country’s most important historic sites. Journey through Wicklow’s captivating landscapes to Glendalough, which became famous throughout Europe as a center of Christian learning before it was sacked by Viking raiders in the 10th century. Here, you’ll see St. Kevin’s Cross, marking the place where the saint lies buried. You’ll also view the remains of the sixth-century cathedral and the remarkable Round Tower, thought to have been used by monks as a place of refuge. Your Tour Director will lead you on a tour of the site, and then you'll enjoy free time.
Save $10 when you book this excursion up to 3 days before your tour departs. (On-tour price: $39)
Day 8: Departure
Included meals: Breakfast (excluding early morning departures)
Transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Passport & visa requirements
- In order to enter Ireland, U.S. and Canadian citizens need a valid passport with an expiration date extending at least six months beyond the date of reentry.
- We recommend having at least one blank passport page for entry stamps.
- There is no visa required for U.S. or Canadian citizens.
- If you are not a U.S. or Canadian citizen, you must contact your destination country’s consulate for your specific entry requirements.
- You will walk for about 1.5 hours daily across moderately uneven terrain, including paved roads and cobblestone streets with some hills and stairs.
- Travelers should be healthy enough to participate in all included walks without assistance. Adding optional excursions may increase the total amount of walking on your tour.
- You should feel comfortable managing your own baggage at times.
- If you have any mobility concerns or physical restrictions, please contact our Customer Experience Team.
Transportation & arrival information
- Round-trip flights booked through Go Ahead Tours arrive in Shannon and depart from Dublin. A representative from Go Ahead Tours will meet you at the airport and take you to your hotel. Please remain in the arrival lounge, as the representative might be escorting one of your fellow travelers to the bus at the time of your arrival.
- Transfers to and from the airport at your destination are included for travelers who have purchased their flights through Go Ahead Tours. Travelers who purchase their own flights may request airport transfers with Go Ahead Tours for an additional cost.
- All other included transportation is by private motor coach.
- Airlines have varying weight restrictions on baggage. Some airlines may impose additional charges if you choose to check any baggage; be advised that you are responsible for any such costs.
- Contact your airline for baggage size and weight restrictions for your flight, but please note that our travelers are restricted to one checked bag per person due to storage limitations on motor coaches and other transfers, which may include train connections or flights.
- One carry-on bag of 45 total inches (length + width + height) is also permitted.
- Make sure you label your baggage and keep valuables, medication and documents in your carry-on bag.
Clothing & packing tips
- We recommend packing lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered to accommodate varying temperatures, as well as a light jacket or rainwear.
- A sturdy pair of walking shoes or sneakers is recommended for sightseeing.
- You may want to pack dressier attire if you plan to visit a high-end restaurant or attend a special performance.
- It is preferable not to visit churches or other religious sites with bare legs and shoulders (and entrance may be denied on this basis).
- There are no major health risks associated with traveling to any of the countries on this tour.
- At least 60 days prior to departure, check with your doctor or healthcare provider for the latest updates and entry requirements, or visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website at cdc.gov.
- If you have medication that you take daily, be sure you have enough for each day of the tour as well as any possible delays encountered.
- If you have dietary restrictions and/or food allergies please notify Go Ahead Tours at least 30 days prior to departure by logging in to your account and updating your traveler info. To update this information closer to your departure date, please call our Customer Experience Team.
- Irish pubs serve up hearty lunches, such as the traditional stew of bacon and boiled cabbage. Soda bread is delicious, very filling, and served with many a meal. Nibble a scone at afternoon tea, with a pat of high-quality butter from County Kerry. Guinness stout is an international sensation, but locals might favor Murphy's, depending on where you are.
- Dublin has seen something of a culinary revolution, and the city now boasts an impressive array of new restaurants offering exciting cuisine with continental Europe, Asian, and even American influences.
Electricity & air conditioning
- Ireland operates within 230-240 volts and use a Type G plug with three large, flat pins.
- We recommend packing a universal adapter, as well as a voltage converter if you plan on using your own hairdryer or other electrical device without a built-in converter.
- The strength of the air conditioning in European hotels is often not as strong or as cool as what you might be used to in the U.S. or Canada. When air conditioning is available, it is usually regulated seasonally and controlled centrally by the hotel.
- Hotels may provide hairdryers, irons, and other small appliances, but these amenities cannot be guaranteed.
- Wi-Fi is available in most hotels, though charges may apply.
- There is no internet access on the motor coach.
- Please contact your mobile service provider for information on roaming charges.
- Ireland is on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), which is five hours ahead of Eastern Time (ET).
- When it’s noon in New York, it’s 5pm in Dublin.
- You will use the euro in Ireland.
- Better rates of exchange are usually available overseas, although it’s worth ordering some currency from your local bank to use when you first arrive.
- We strongly advise that you take debit/bank cards and credit cards, which can be used to withdraw cash at local banks as needed.
- You can use most debit/credit cards at ATMs on the international networks Cirrus and Plus, but make sure to check with your home bank about withdrawal fees.
- Inform your bank and credit card company of your travel plans so that they won’t confuse your international purchases for fraudulent charges.
- International banks and businesses primarily accept debit and credit cards that work with the EMV chip system. If you do not already have at least one debit or credit card with a chip in it, we strongly recommend requesting one from your bank prior to your tour.
- At the conclusion of your tour, it’s customary to offer your Tour Director and driver a gratuity in local currency. Please keep current exchange rates in mind.
- We recommend tipping the equivalent of $7USD to $10USD per person per day for your Tour Director and the equivalent of $3USD per person per day for your driver.
- If applicable, we also recommend the equivalent of $2USD per local guide.
- Tips can only be paid in cash.
Purchasing excursions on tour
- Most optional excursions will be available for purchase while you are on tour.
- Your Tour Director will only accept cash (in USD only), Visa, or MasterCard as payment for excursions.
- Please be advised that if you pay for an excursion by credit card while on tour, it may take up to three months for your card to be charged.
- Some optional excursions may only be purchased in advance. See page four of your tour itinerary for more information.
International travel is, by its very nature, unpredictable. We must therefore reserve the right to change this itinerary, without advance notice, to meet with local conditions at the time of travel. We appreciate your understanding. Please refer to our website for Terms & Conditions, dates, and prices.
See what our travelers say about this tour—all reviews are authentic and unedited.
Have you been on tour with us? Visit My Account to submit a review.
We had a great time, I would go on another tour. Our tour director Sean was great , had lots of knowledge, and was very helpful, made everyone happy. Ian the bus driver was also wonderful, got us every where on time , and very helpful. Always had a smile. The only bad thing I have to say is about our stay at the Blarney golf resort. It was way out of the way. Nothing to do or other dining options. Place need updates, rooms had mold and some of the people had no hot water. Breakfast was cold.. All the other accommodations were wonderful and staff friendly.
Hi, Cyndi! Thank you for taking the time to review your tour of Ireland with Go Ahead. We love to hear that you had such a special vacation with us, especially given your tour director and bus driver were so spectacular. However, we do regret to learn that your hotel in Cork did not meet your expectations. We always want our travelers to feel comfortable and that they are conveniently located in the hotels that we choose. Admittedly, this can be more challenging in those small and less tourism-centric cities like Cork where there is not an abundance of modern hotels, particularly downtown. That being said, we certainly hope our choices are not detracting from the experience and will pass along your feedback to our Operations Team immediately. Aside from Cork, we are happy that your other hotels were a positive addition to your overall experience. We look forward to traveling with you again soon!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | April 24, 2017
Best tour ever!
A week in Ireland was my first GoAhead Tour. It was my first time traveling to Europe as well as my first time traveling anywhere alone! Our tour guide, Cornelius went above and beyond for everyone and made himself available by answering all of our questions and showing us different sites. Definitely will go on another tour!
Hi Nancy! We’re so glad you had a great time! Thank you for the fantastic feedback. We can’t wait to see where you’ll go next!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | March 20, 2017
I'm going again!
So much fun I must go again. GoAheads usual great value was apparent on this trip. The museum in Cork was an unexpected experience that I almost missed to sleep in. That would have been a big mistake. It is very clever and the adorable people that work there will help you find Irish relatives. I would gladly visit the museum again. Great gift shopp also. The Irish people are the best. Very friendly and ready to laugh. Galway is the place for intimate Traditional Irish music and meeting the Irish. The Irish men are very charming. So much fun. I will go back to Ireland with GoAhead.
Hi, Ladye! Thank you for such a thoughtful review. We are very happy to hear that you had such a meaningful experience, especially in Cork. Ireland is a growing destination for tourism and it’s clear that you caught on to the buzz! We hope you have the chance to go back, maybe even on another Go Ahead itinerary. Happy travels!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | April 24, 2017
Ireland dream trip!
This tour surpassed my expectations. Our tour guide, Sean and Ian the bus driver were the best! We were able to see more than even was on our itinerary! I'm already trying to decide where to go next!
Hi Mary! We’re thrilled that this tour exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your kind and thoughtful feedback. We can’t wait to see where you’ll go next!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | November 22, 2016
Went on my first tour with go ahead and had a fantastic time. Ireland is absolutely beautiful and exceeded my expectations. Our tour director Patricia was incredible and made our experience even more wonderful by offering ideas on how to spend our free time. Tom our bus driver was absolutely amazing, he was so friendly and had us laughing the entire trip. I cant express in words how wonderful my time was and I will truly cherish my memories of this wonderful country.
Hi Belinda! It’s great to know that your first Go Ahead tour was a success! Ireland is certainly an amazing destination, and we’re so glad your time there exceeded your expectations. Besides the breathtaking destination itself, it sounds like your Tour Director and bus driver contributed greatly to your enjoyment of your trip. We will be sure to let them know! Thank you for sharing your experience. We can’t wait to see where you’ll go next!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | November 28, 2016
Like Coming Home
We just returned from our very first tour with Go Ahead and we are still on cloud nine! This trip started as a wish that I have shared with all of my siblings since we were just children. Our father always wanted to take us to Ireland to reconnect with our roots. Unfortunately, we never got to go with him, but I feel that he was with us every step of the way. When the opportunity presented itself to go with my sister and her husband to celebrate their anniversary, I could hardly contain my excitement. My husband and I were so very impressed with our tour guide Patricia and our driver, Tom. They both are obviously proud of their country and seem genuinely pleased to share it with their guests. Tom regaled us with songs and "Paddy Murphy" jokes that we will be sharing with friends and family for years to come. The itinerary was set at a pleasant pace with room for some individual exploration. The Cliffs of Moher, Blarney Castle, Galway Bay, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Temple Bar and museums in Dublin; each place with it's own type of magic that I will never forget. Patricia was so very warm and welcoming and full of knowledge and a passion for not only the history of her country, but for the present as well. I was left feeling like we just returned from a visit with family and friends rather than someplace we had never been. My wish has been fulfilled (with a strong desire to return soon) and the magic and warmth of Ireland will live in me for all of my life. Many, many thanks to Patricia and Tom, and Thank you Go Ahead!
Hi Shannon! We’re thrilled that you were able to fulfill your wish of connecting with your Irish roots. Heritage discovery is one very powerful reason for travel, and it’s a priceless thing to know where we come from. We’re so glad you were able to do this trip with your sister, as experiencing it with a sibling makes it that much more special. We appreciate your feedback on your Tour Director and the itinerary. We’re delighted that you felt a warm, welcoming embrace from the Go Ahead staff and the people of Ireland. Thank you for your heartfelt review, and we look forward to your next tour – perhaps a second exploration of Ireland!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | October 14, 2016
This was a wonderful trip and Ireland is a beautiful country and I hope to now visit Scotland.
Exceeded our expectations! Con (Cornelius), our tour guide is quirky, quick witted, wealth of info and fun story teller. He made this trip unique and special. Galway is beautiful (must take a side trip to the Aran Islands), Blarney was a perfect little town with a delightful hotel and Dublin was full of energy and excitement. The Templar Bar Hotel was in the perfect location.
Hi Janeen! We’re thrilled that this tour exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your feedback on your Tour Director, as well as the various stops on the itinerary. We’re also glad to learn that you enjoyed your hotel in Dublin. Thank you for your review, and we hope to welcome you on tour again!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | September 29, 2016
Trip of a lifetime!
We just got back from Ireland and it was everything I had hoped it would be! Very first time traveling to Europe or with a tour group and Go Ahead did not let me down. As soon as I save up some money, I'll be booking again! The hotels were very nice, included meals were yummy, and our bus was nice with included wifi. Cornelius (Con) was our tour guide and he was hilarious, witty, and extremely knowledgeable. Owen was our driver and was extremely skilled. He had to maneuver our huge bus through some tight squeezes and do some fancy backing up to allow cars through on the smaller roads. I loved them both! The included itinerary was great and the added free time to personalize your trip was a bonus. We went to the Aran Islands on our free day in Galway, which I highly recommend if the weather is nice. The only setbacks were that our hotel rooms were not ready when we arrived in Galway but they hurried to get us set up in them. Then, our nice bus was swapped out with a not so great bus once we got to Dublin, our driver explained that it was the bus company's doing so we couldn't really get mad about that. In no way did those two things dampen my experience. I can't wait to travel with Go Ahead again.
Hi Emily! We can sense your enthusiasm for your time in Ireland – it’s so great to know you enjoyed it all! We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you on your next tour. Let us know when you’re ready to go!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | September 29, 2016
Ireland by bus
Our tour director and bus driver were terrific. The food was excellent. Even the smallest details had been carefully thought out. The hotels were very good choices. T he people of Ireland were so friendly. There was an outstanding night of dinner in a small castle with excellent food an Irish entertainment that was very professional and entertaining. As a result, we came away loving Ireland and would plan to go again. The people on the bus were wonderful to get to know.Thank you Go Ahead Tours...
Hi Patricia! We’re thrilled to learn that you came away loving Ireland and that you would plan to go again. We agree that the culture is very welcoming, and we’re so glad you felt your Tour Director and bus driver did a great job. Thank you for sharing your experience, and let us know when you’re ready to go back!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | October 05, 2016
A taste of Ireland
I have completely fallen in love with Ireland! Our tour director, Ali, was very organized, fun, and informative. Our bus driver, Arthur, was also very nice and we always felt safe and comfortable on our tour bus. The scenery was so beautiful and GREEN. I only wish that we could have stopped more to explore the country on our way to each city, but with only a week in Ireland, we had to stick to our schedule of course. The hotels and included meals were all great - each hotel was central to the cities so that we could easily explore on our own. Galway was definitely my favorite, and I loved the stop we made to Connemara to learn about the beautiful marble. The optional excursion to Glendalough was also a treat - definitely sign up for that one. All in all it was a wonderful trip. The only negative thing I'd say is that it went by too quickly! One week is more like an appetizer of Ireland. Next time I'll be taking a longer trip for the main course. :)
Hi Danielle! We can certainly understand how you fell in love with Ireland. We’re so glad you enjoyed your time there and that you learned something along the way. You’re right that the landscapes of Ireland are just breathtaking and one of the many reasons we love visiting. We appreciate your feedback on the hotels and included meals, and we’re glad that they all satisfied your expectations. Thank you for your review, and we can’t wait to show you even more of Ireland – the ‘main course’!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | September 20, 2016
Thanks to the tour director and bus driver they made the trip interesting and fun without them I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much as I did. The only thing was the flight was leaving at 6:am and traveled to Amsterdam others going to Boston did not have to leave at 3:45am to get to the airport. Also did not have to go international. I did love it and would travel again with Go Ahead tours.
Fun way to see some Ireland highlights
Had a great time. Our tour leader shared a lot of history of the area and kept it interesting and engaging.
A Week In Ireland Tour
This was the most incredible tour that I have ever been on! Our tour guide, Cathal and our driver, Ian were both spectacular! They were both so very knowledgeable and friendly which is something that made our tour fantastic! Cathal read us poetry, played music and explained Irish history for each area we visited which make our tour extremely enjoyable! The only thing that would have made this tour even better is if we had booked it for an extra week! I would HIGHLY recommend this tour to anyone and everyone as Ireland was an incredible place to visit. I will most definitely be doing other tours with your company!
Hi Lynn! It’s fabulous to hear that this is the best tour you’ve ever taken. We are so glad both your Tour Director and driver made you feel welcome and informed. We understand wishing you had more time in Ireland. In fact, we always find that we want more time when the tour comes to an end! Thank you for recommending this tour, and we look forward to welcoming you on tour again.
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | August 30, 2016
Seasoned solo traveler on a group trip...
I have traveled pretty extensively, mostly solo over the last 10 or so years and when the opportunity came up to travel with a group to Ireland, I was a bit apprehensive as I had grown so accustomed to traveling on my own, doing what I wanted to do and when. But being addicted to travel in general and wanting to travel with some friends with similar interested, I thought I'd give it a shot. The result was astounding. GoAhead puts together a fantastic tour from their incredibly knowledgeable tour guide, well planned itinerary and comfortable hotels/transportation. While it was odd for me not to have to "worry about the details" it was nice to know it was all planned out. What surprised me the most was that we did have free time (several hours) nearly each day of the tour to explore on our own or in smaller groups. The tour guide was able to provide fantastic suggestions on how to spend our time and was clearly devoted to ensure that we enjoyed every moment of our trip. I came home with absolutely NO complaints. Every aspect of the tour was fantastic. While I won't abandon my love for solo travel; I will most certainly be traveling with GoAhead again and already have another tour booked for early 2017!
Hi Patricia! We’re so glad you gave Go Ahead a shot! It sounds like the itinerary struck just the right balance for you in terms of guided time and free time. When you’re accustomed to being a solo traveler, we understand the hesitations with traveling in a group, but we’re glad you can see that we design our tours to be flexible for those who want more independence. The benefit for you, of course, is that you can focus on enjoying yourself, instead of worrying about the details. We’re thrilled that you could do just that! Thank you for your wonderful review. We look forward to welcoming on tour in 2017!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | November 16, 2016
Best Days of my life
It was an experience of a life time and I hope to do this again in the near future.
1ST Visit Overseas
GoAhead Tours did an excellent job preparing and coordinating our first overseas adventure. They provided us with a detailed itinerary complete with dates, times, Hotel locations and tour plans. Upon arrival in Shannon, we did find out that our checked luggage missed our flight, but it arrived the following day in the Galway Hotel. Our tour director, Khrystene met us all at the airport and gave us a wonderful greeting along with Paddy our tour bus driver. After boarding for our ride to Galway, it became very evident that she was going to be a joy to be around for the next week. Upon arrival we sat down to a great Welcoming dinner at the Galway Harbour Hotel that evening. While in Galway we saw the marvelous Galway Cathedral and took a foot tour of bustling downtown Gallway. (If you like good fish & chips, check out McDonnaghs on Quay St, best we have ever had!) While travelling to Cork we had the opportunity to visit the Connemarra Marble Factory and the marvelous Cliffs of Moher. Khystene arranged for a tour of the cliffs from sea level in a boat for all of us. Nice touch! Throughout the week Khstene kept our attention with wonderful stories of Irish history told in such a way as to keep us entertained while Paddy did a “brilliant” job of piloting that big tour bus throughout the narrow roads of the country. Visited the English Market while foot touring downtown Cork. Stopped and toured the wonderful historical Blarney Castle and gardens. We enjoyed the very pretty and serene countryside on our ride from Cork to Dublin. (Just wished that we had the opportunity to make a few stops for pictures of the countryside.) Upon arrival at the Temple Bar Hotel in downtown Dublin, it became very evident that we had arrived at a very historical yet very vibrant Irish city! We visited the Guiness Storehouse for a tour as well as Trinity College, Books of Kell, Dublin Castle, National Museum of Ireland and Saint Patricks Cathedral; all within walking distance of the hotel. (Even had a chance to visit the Dublin library and have do a brief genealogy trace of our Irish roots!) On our final evening, Khrystene once again arranged for a wonderful dinner at Roly’s Bistro. The food, atmosphere and service was exceptional and I believe that all who attended from out tour group enjoyed the evening All in all, we had a tremendous week, albeit busy and totally enjoyed the experience! Would we return again? Absolutely!
Hi Kathy! We are so happy you enjoyed your time in Ireland. Between your helpful Tour Director and the fun-packed itinerary, it sounds like you took away a great deal from this experience, including insight into the Irish culture as well as memorable views of the iconic Irish landscapes. We appreciate your wonderful feedback and will be sure to share it with our teams internally. Thank you for writing a review, and we hope to welcome you on tour again!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | August 31, 2016
My Irish Eyes Are Smiling
This was our first time on any kind of tour, glad it was with Go Ahead Tours! The itinerary was perfect and the extras the guide and driver extended were exceptional and at a very reasonable and low cost. In Galway, there was a wonderful art and street performer festival in progress which made that portion special. Our guide did a masterful job of presenting each of the stops on tour...never saying too much or too little. Dublin was/is a great walking city. Though the hotel was a bit remote, it was very nice and getting into the city was fun using the trains. It added to my experience. Food...oh food..lots of potatoes but the fish and meats were always nice. Very easy finding a good restaurant. All the cities were safe and clean and walkable. The scenery, natural, was breath taking. A longer tour is in my future. Thank you Go Ahead!
Hi Daniel! We're also glad you chose to travel with us for your first tour! Thank you for your wonderful feedback on the itinerary. We will be sure to share it with our team. It’s also great to know that your Tour Director did a great job of presenting your destinations. You’re right that potatoes are an Irish staple and that you’ll find them in most restaurants. We’re glad you felt it was easy to find good food, as we often hear the same from other travelers. Thank you for your review, and we’re glad that a longer tour is in your future! Let us know when you’re ready to plan it.
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | August 19, 2016
Amazing Tour Director !!!
I would like to start our with our experience with GoAhead itself. It was easy to make our selection, payments, and have access to all information. Once it got close to time we received an awesome care package with luggage tags, shoulder bags, trip folder. and detailed itinerary. Everything from the flights, motels. and days events were outlined and easily followed for someone who likes schedules (like us). We we arrived at our destination in Ireland we were greeted by our tour director in the airport who made sure we were all together, loaded on to the coach, and made our way to the first motel. She was warm and inviting from the beginning all the way to then end. I would honestly have to say it was more like visiting family then a stranger who was going to show us around a foreign country for a week. Every hotel we stayed at was 4 / 5 star and was amazing. On the free days our tour director made great suggestions as elective excursions which we participated in every time, very glad we did too (Connemarra Marble Factory, Guinness Factory Tour, and Roly's Bistro). I have to mention the coach rides them self, she kept us entertained with history retailed stories about famous persons, culture. and different landmarks. While she was story telling she was doing so in a way that was colorful, alive, and imaginative not to mention very entertaining. I would also like to mention that she was very attentive to everyone's wants and needs during the trip. She help set up taxi service to / from the hotel into town and back during the nights on free time. She also made arrangements for those who did not want to participate in her events during those free days to make sure they could make it to prime shopping, pub. and dining areas. I just can not say enough about her. Ireland it self is a beautiful country with a rich history worth visiting. I would say if you have the chance visit them with GoAhead and I hope you are lucky enough to have a director like we did because she made our great trip in an amazing one. Thank you GoAhead and Khristene M
Hi Thomas! We’re delighted to hear that your experience with our staff pre-tour was easy and pleasant. We strive to make you feel prepared and excited for your international experience. We’re thrilled that your Tour Director felt like family and that she kept you entertained and informed while in transit. We also appreciate you letting us know how much she went above and beyond for your group. We will be sure to share this wonderful feedback with her. We are proud to work alongside our fantastic Tour Directors! We agree that Ireland is a fabulous country with much to offer. Thank you for your wonderful review, and we hope to welcome you on tour again!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | July 18, 2016
We had a terrific time in Ireland -- hoping to return!